Have you ever combined seafood and cheese in one dish? Believe us; you will want to stick to this wonderful dish for every meal of the day.
In this guide, we will show you how to cook lobster, crab, and shrimp macaroni and cheese. The name sounds complicated, but you will only follow simple steps.
Let’s join us to discover this easy recipe!
How To Cook Lobster, Crab, And Shrimp Macaroni And Cheese
This recipe calls for many ingredients, as you can guess from its name. However, they are familiar, so you can get them easily.
We will split the whole cooking process into three steps. Yet, before starting, you need to prepare the ingredients carefully.
Cook your pasta following the instructions on the package. Drain it, rinse it with water, and leave it there.
This recipe needs shrimp, crab, and lobster meat. After removing the shells and cutting the meat into small pieces, season them and set them aside. Since seafood only requires a little time to cook, you will add them at the final step.
The preparation steps are done. Now, move to the main parts of the recipe.
Step 1: Make The Roux
Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Then, add flour and water to the melted butter and stir well for about 30 seconds.
Next, introduce cream and milk to the mixture. Lower the heat and whisk your roux until it turns smooth.
Step 2: Make The Cheese Sauce
Melt butter in a pot, add the roux, and cook for five minutes or until it runs caramel.
Add cheese to the heated roux. Stir until the cheese melts, forming a smooth sauce. Then, add ground pepper and salt to it.
Step 3: Bake The Mac And Cheese
The ingredients are ready. Now, it’s time to combine them to make a tasty dish. But preheat the oven to 350°F first.
Mix the seafood meat you have prepared and the pasta you have cooked. You can also combine breadcrumbs or crackers.
Add half of the cheese sauce into a baking dish, and add the first layer of seafood meat on top. Remember to use only half. So, you will have four layers: two of cheese and two of seafood.
Sprinkle some cheese on top. Then, cover the mixture with aluminum foil. The foil may not be necessary if you want to observe how your food cooks in the oven.
Now, bake the mac and cheese for 30 minutes. Turn the oven off after that time or when the cheese has melted evenly and the surface turns golden brown.
Serve the dish immediately. Otherwise, the cheese will harden and ruin the smooth texture of your food.
Lobster, Crab, And Shrimp Macaroni And Cheese: Summary Table
Mac and cheese made with lobster, crab, and shrimp are easy to prepare. Although the baking step takes time, the outcome will be rewarding.
|Time||• Preparation: 15 minutes|
• Cook: 1 hour 30 minutes
• Total time: 1 hour 45 minutes
|Nutrition facts||• Calories: 884|
• Fat: 60g
• Carbs: 46g
• Protein: 43g
|Ingredients||• 16 ounces of elbow macaroni|
• 1 pound of lobster meat
• 1 pound of crab meat
• 1 pound of shrimp meat
• 1 stick of butter
• 1 cup of heavy cream
• 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
• 1 pound of shredded cheese
• 3 cups of milk
• Ground pepper
|Instructions||1. Cook the pasta, drain it, rinse it with water, and set it aside.|
2. Cut lobster, crab, and shrimp meat into pieces.
3. Season the seafood meat.
4. Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
5. Add water, flour, cream, and milk to the pan, then stir until the roux turns smooth.
6. Melt butter in a pot, add the roux, and cook for five minutes.
7. Add cheese to the roux and season with pepper and salt.
8. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
9. Mix seafood meat, pasta, and breadcrumbs or crackers.
10. Add cheese sauce and seafood meat to the baking dish in different layers.
11. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
12. Bake the mac and cheese for 30 minutes in the oven.
Enjoy your food!
Tips For Cooking Lobster, Crab, And Shrimp Macaroni And Cheese
The instructions above are enough for you to cook tasty cuisine. But we will share some extra tips to bring out the best of it:
- Gruyere cheese with cheddar is the best cheese for this recipe. Fontina is also a good choice. Make sure it can melt well regardless of the type of cheese you choose.
- Do not prepare the mac and cheese the day before you eat it. The texture of the cheese will change significantly, making your dish unpalatable.
- You can store the leftover food by wrapping it tightly and keeping it in your fridge for four days. For cooked lobster meat, you can keep them in the freezer for two to three months.
- Avoid keeping your mac and cheese in the freezer because milk is in the ingredients.
Below are suitable dishes to pair with this mac and cheese:
There are only three steps to prepare a delicious mac and cheese with seafood. It comes with many nutritional sources, giving you a fantastic option for your next meal.
Hopefully, the recipe we have shared can offer you a happy cooking time. Please comment below if you know any tips to make it more delicious.
Thank you for reading!